Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wet Wednesday

Happy Wednesday, all! It has been raining all day here, so no outside exercise for me today! But I hope to cook something much better for dinner tonight because after my debaucle in the kitchen yesterday, I was told about a website that had some great recipes & she said "beginners welcome". The recipes are from Chef Devin, and they do look yummy. I haven't decided which one to try, but if anyone would like to try one, this is the site.

I read an article from Yahoo! today that had a very misleading title. It claimed to have a way to burn an extra 150 calories a day just sitting on the couch. I should have known better than to really think it could be true, just to sit on the couch and burn 150 calories. I thought that maybe it would tell me how to do some simple exercises to burn calories that I could do while sitting on the couch, but no, it did not. It said that by adding lean muscle mass, one's metabolism would kick into high gear and burn an extra 150 calories a day. This is true, but just not what I was expecting from the article. The article recommended 2 weight training sessions a week along with 3 cardio sessions for at least 40 minutes each per week. This is definitely a great way to boost your metabolism and weight loss, but since I'm already exercising at least this much, this doesn't really help me that much. But I still thought it was a good enough tip to pass on!

I have done great eating healthy today! I switched it up from my normal for breakfast today. I still had my Almond milk, but with it, I had an apple and an egg instead of cereal. It was yummy, and I stayed full almost all morning. The protein in the egg and the fiber in the apple were definitely helpful in that respect. I did have a mid/late morning snack of a FiberPlus Antioxidants bar and a peice of string cheese. I had my favorite SmartOnes mini pizzas for lunch, and a WW ice cream bar. Those were absolutely delish as well. It really is not difficult to eat healthy, and once you find a few healthy options, more and more seem to appear, and there are so many out there with new ones coming out all the time!

I haven't worked out yet today, but when I get home I plan on doing an elliptical workout as well as the p90x Yoga DVD. I might not have time to get the whole DVD in, because it's an hour and a half long(!) but I'm going to at least do some of it. I love how I feel after yoga, so refreshed and calm and energized! I would definitely recommend it as part of a weight loss plan or just as a part of a healthy lifestyle. Love it!

Quick thought to end with: I was saddened by the report released today that said obesity has risen in 28 states.

Don't contribute to America's weight gain! Stay fit!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I HATED that yoga video. I loved, however, the X-Stretch. That..was awesome, and I usually did that when I was supposed to do yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ok...yeah it was tough!! I haven't tried the stretch one, I will have to do that one soon :-)

    ReplyDelete