Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What a week

So far, this week has been crazy! I feel like I haven't stopped to take a breath most days! Even so, I have been really good about staying on track with my goals. I didn't set any specific goals this week because I knew it would be crazy, but I don't want to get off track either. I exercised on Sunday (yes, I know that counts as last week, but that has been since my last post so I'm including it, haha), Monday and yesterday (Tuesday). I exercised a lot yesterday, and I may have done too much. I am taking a break today to make up for overworking myself :-) I can definitely use the rest! I ran a mile at lunch yesterday, then did a 350 calorie routine on the elliptical and then went and ran some more with my sister-in-law (over a mile, not totally sure how long we went). I think that I deserve a nice day to rest after all of that, and I'm not going to let myself feel guilty for it! I struggle with feeling guilty if I don't give 190% when I'm working toward my goals, but I'm not going to let those feelings in because they will just bring me down and discourage me. If I let them in, I will get down about it and it will just send all my hard work down the drain. So, I have to let myself rest, and I am doing so today.

I am having a hard time with eating healthy this week. I am on some medicine temporarily that is making me super hungry. This is making it really hard to keep my calories under control, but I'm trying really hard. I only take to work a certain amount of food, so I have no choice but to eat the right (and right amount of) things. When I get home is when I have a hard time. I just want to eat and eat and eat, and I have to distract myself and do something else to take my mind off of it. Also, I have been CRAVING something sweet, so I went to the grocery store and got some Skinny Cow truffle bars, and they really hit the spot. They are only 160 calories so they don't ruin my calorie count and they kick that sweet craving so that I can think rationally again about what to eat or not eat! That's what eating healthy is about, finding a balance and substituting things that are better for you in the place of high calorie, fattening things. That way, you can have your cake and eat it too (ha, yeah I know, that was totally corny). A better way to put it, I can satisfy my craving for "bad" foods with good-for-me foods, or at least foods that are better for me than the bad ones.

I have not lost any more weight, but I think that if I can get some more rest, I can change that. I know that not getting enough rest is detrimental to weight loss efforts, but I am so busy that it is hard to get all the rest I need. I am going to bed early tonight for sure though, so that I can get a good nights sleep! Hopefully that will help me lose more weight, but it will at least make me feel better so that maybe I have more energy to workout or the brain power to make better food decisions.

Have a great night everyone! Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment