Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Slow Progress

Last year when I got healthy, it didn't take long for the weight loss to follow. This time around, it doesn't seem to be working quite so well. Granted, I haven't been very consistent with working out. I was doing so well last week; I did some form of physical activity every day almost. Then the weekend came and I slacked off to begin with, and then I hurt myself so I couldn't work out. I didn't eat right this weekend either because I was upset about not being able to exercise, so I just ate like crazy. :-( I am over my injury now, so I am getting back on track, though. I ran again today with J, we went about 2 and a quarter miles, but did a bit more walking than running this time. It was really hot out today, so it seemed extra difficult. I also did some lunges as well. We are going to do more tomorrow though! I really need to get more weight-resistance work into my workouts. Doing lunges today was a start, but I need to incorporate that more often. Doing cardio gets rid of fat and starts weight loss, but doing weights creates shape. I know that a lot of women are afraid to lift weights because they don't want to get bulky, but I have done a lot of weight work before and I never bulked up. It creates lean muscle in women that really creates that fit shape that I want.

Also, I wanted to share my newest arrival: an elliptical machine! I am really excited to use it, especially since it has been really rainy here recently. I will be able to use it if I can't exercise outside, or if I don't want to go out in the heat or cold. There are a lot of different built in workouts too, so I can switch it up whenever I get bored with it. I am still trying to find a place that it can fit into at my house, but I'm sure I will fit it in soon.

I went to the grocery store today to stock up on more healthy food. I tried to get a balance of proteins and carbs. I got several combos such as apples and string cheese, eggs and cantaloupe, almond milk and cereal, tuna and mandarin oranges, and salmon and cucumber. I also found a new product this weekend. They are Newton's Fruit Crisps, found in the snack isle. I got the apple flavored ones, and they are SO good! With all these healthy snacks, I will have no trouble eating right and making myself more healthy.

I hope everyone has a great night! Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment