Hi! I'm Erin, and this blog is about my journey to live a fit and healthy life. I am 26 years old, and I have been married to my wonderful husband for 5 years. Our family grew in March with the addition of our baby boy! I work a full-time job, I'm a full-time mom, and I'm also in school.
In this blog, you'll find topics such as fitness, healthy eating, and health and wellness. I write about my running, because that's my favorite way to exercise. I'll tell you about my favorite health and fitness related things in my Feature Friday posts. I also have Monday Morning Motivation posts that will help kickstart your fit and healthy week! You will also find my suggestions for Short-On-Time workouts, which are ways to fit exercise into a busy schedule. Otherwise, you will read about a variety of health and fitness topics.
You won't find me talking about the gym or fancy workout equipment. As a new mom (and even before I was a mom), the gym is not an option - between the expense and the time it takes to go, workout, and get back home. Also, I strongly believe that working out and being healthy is something that can be done at home. The only equipment I own is an elliptical machine, and that's only because we found it cheap. Otherwise, my gym is my living room and the great outdoors; my gym equipment consists of hand weights, a yoga mat, and an exercise ball. I do my favorite workout, running, in my neighborhood or other outdoor places close to home (trails, other neighborhoods, around the college fields).
I really enjoy helping other people and teaching them how to live a more healthy and fit life. I love finding new, fun, and creative ways to workout and be healthy and include health and fitness into my life. I also do a lot of research about health, wellness and fitness topics because I find it very interesting. I wanted to share that knowledge, combined with my own personal experiences, so that's why this blog was created. However, just to be clear, I am not a dietician, I'm not a certified personal trainer, and I'm not a trained professional of any sort (in this area of expertise). What I talk about is solely based on my independent research and experiences.
My own experiences will consist of my workouts or exercising, ways I stay healthy, how I fit exercise into my busy days, things I eat, how I stay on track with healthy eating, and produts that I use and love or hate. Of course this is by no means a comprehensive list, so I can't promise I won't include lots of other things as well :-)
I have several goals that I would like to accomplish, both short-term and long-term. They are:
1. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day consisting of carb and protein combinations.
2. Include more fruits and veggies daily.
3. Drink more water daily, try to get to 8 glasses a day.
4. Cut out sugary drinks and sodas.
5. Go to the farmer's market to get fruits and veggies, to get fresher food and to support local business.
6. Make more dinners at home, and therefore eat out less often.
7. Exercise at least 5 days a week, even if it's only a short walk with the dogs or baby, but preferably more intense exercise.
8. Run a 5k by this summer (2010). Accomplished Spring 2011!!!
9. Run a half-marathon (long-term).
10. Run a marathon (very long-term).
11. Lose 10 lbs to attain my happy weight.
12. Get a flat belly and toned arms.
13. Have a healthy and fit pregnancy (whenever that time comes). Accomplished June 2010-March 2011!!!
You can also find me over at The Adventures of Mrs. McEntire. And you can check out my Contact Me page above for other ways to find me!