Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Monday Monday

Yes, I said Monday 3 times. It has been quite the Monday so far. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it has been a little crazy. It's finals time in summer school (part 1) so I've been digging into the books today since I've been home from work. I had a 5 page paper to work on, and material to learn for a presentation, so that's mostly what I've done this afternoon/evening. I haven't been able to exercise today, but I have also done some house work to get in some calorie burn. I did laundry and dishes, and I also made dinner. Wow, looking at it in words, it seems like I accomplished a lot today! I wish I was this productive every day!

I ate very healthy today. I had my favorite breakfast of Kashi GoLean cereal with Almond Milk. I had a packet of Newton's fruit crispers (apple flavor-yum!) for a snack, and for lunch I had my new favorite, Smart Ones Pizza minis. Those things are so good, and they're only 280 calories! I made pork chops for dinner, and I ate a sweet potato with it (hubby ate baked potato and rolls). I'm not sure how many calories that is total, but I know that it is reasonable and within a healthy range of calories.

I read an article today (that would have been of great use to me in the last 2 weeks, but oh well, haha) that talks about healthy rapid weight loss. It was great to find an article that recommends fast weight loss instead of advising against it. I love it when I find professionals and researchers who back up the method that I use and that I know works. The article affirms my belief that weight loss is about calorie deficits. In it, the author (an RD) says that staying in a calorie intake range of 1050-1200 with an hour of exercise will get a weight loss of 3-5 pounds a week as opposed to the normally recommended 1-2 pounds per week. She also recommends limiting sodium and starch to reduce fluid retention. I did learn something new from this article. Dieticians sometimes recommend an average calorie intake of 7 calories per pound of body weight (1050 for a 150 pound person), but no less than 1200. With this article, the RD recommends no lower than 1050. There are also some good tips for staying focused in the article. You can read it here.

Have a great night! Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment