Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Progress

Another pound lost!! I have now lost 3 pounds total. I started this journey at 130 and as of this morning, I'm now 127. Yay! It's so encouraging to know all of this effort is paying off!

I think I'm a glutton for punishment. I will definitely be sore tomorrow! When I got home from work, I did the P90X Core Synergistics #8 DVD. I. Thought. I. Would. Die. I'm not kidding.....it was one of the hardest workouts I have ever done. Of course, that's the point, but still....it was hard! And then, after all that hard work (and almost dying) I went and ran 2 miles with my sister-in-law! I don't know how many total calories I burned, but I know it has to be high!!

I did so great with eating healthy today! When I went to the grocery store last night in search of a high protein breakfast, I found another Kashi cerial called GoLean. It has 13 grams of fiber in 3/4 cup, and 110 calories. It is not a very sweet cereal, but with a cup of almond milk it was pretty good, definitely something I could eat regularly. That combined with a scoop of protein powder mixed with a cup of water (18 grams of protein) put me easily into the 30 grams of protein range, like I talked about yesterday. I was full all morning! Then for lunch, I had a huge bowl of romaine lettuce with 2 tbsps of dressing and a pouch of tuna packed in water. I had a snack of an apple with 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Then after my workout I had a protein shake and for dinner I had 4 mini pizzas (by SmartOnes) that were delicious. All in all, I had roughly 1200-1300 calories. Considering how much I worked out, I probably should have had a little more, but I didn't know during the day that I was going to work out so much.

I tried some of the Nutrilite products today that I wrote about yesterday. Long story short-they are AWESOME! I took the Slimmetry supplement before breakfast and lunch. The directions say to take it before all 3 meals, but I didn't take it before dinner because it has caffeine in it, and I can't sleep if I have caffeine too late. So, I skipped the dinner dose. When I took both the breakfast and lunch doses, I felt so great. I felt energized (possibly a result of the caffeine) and I felt like I was burning more fat (yes, I know that is completely psychological). After my workout, I tried the vanilla protein shake, and it was really delicious. It was definitely better than some I have tried that taste very powdery and not sweet, but this one was smooth and sweet without being too sweet. I'm going to keep taking the Slimmetry tomorrow and I really want to try the meal bar, so I'll update about that tomorrow.

Until then, Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment