Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Healthy & Happy

Today was a bit of a lazy day for me. I got home and decided I wanted today to be my day off because I definitely didn't feel like exercising. That's a little disappointing considering how motivated I was yesterday, but I know I'll get back into it tomorrow.

Also, I did really great eating healthy today, so that makes up for it a bit. For breakfast, I had cereal as well as almond milk with protein powder mixed in. I'll explain that in a minute. For lunch, I had some white bean soup that my coworker brought in, and it was DELICIOUS! I told her I definitely want the recipe! It was so light and tasty that I want to make a big batch of it so that I could eat it for lunch all week, which would make packing my lunch so easy!For dinner, I made sphaghetti using whole wheat pasta. I read yesterday that just because something is labeled "whole wheat" doesn't mean that the whole wheat is a main ingredient. In fact, some things have less than 2% whole wheat and it is one of the last ingredients listed on the nutritional label! So, when I bought this pasta, I checked the label and made sure that whole wheat was at the top of the list. Really, using whole wheat pasta makes spaghetti a very healthy choice. As long as I don't pile my plate with it, it is not loaded with calories, and neither is the tomato sauce. Plus, the sauce contains a good portion of the recommended veggie servings for the day.

Ok...to explain what I meant about my breakfast. Normally, I do not mix protein powder into my milk. However, I was recently told by a friend that if you take in around 30 grams of protein with breakfast, you will burn more fat in the next 24 hours, and if you take in less, you will actually hold on to fat for the next 48 hours! So I decided to see if I could actually take in 30 grams. No matter what I tried, I could not do it with what I currently have. I guess I will be making a trip to the grocery store tonight!

I am really excited about some new products that I got today. My friend Jordan and her husband run a business that sells Nutrilite nutritional products and supplements. I have been looking at her website, and I contacted her to see what she thought I should try, and also to get some samples. I got a protein shake and meal bar that look yummy, as well as some water flavoring that has glucosamine in it to protect joints. Also, she gave me samples of the supplements Slimmetry, which helps your body burn fat faster, as well as Carb Blocker 2, which helps to block the absorbtion of carbs when eating a high carb meal. I am super excited to try some of the products tomorrow, and I'll let you know what I think! Thanks a bunch to Jordan & JJ!!

Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment