Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankfully Thursday

It's almost the weekend...which is why I'm thankful on this Thursday! :-)

I have not lost any more weight yet, which is slightly disappointing. I have done super good this week with the goals that I set on Monday. I have stayed under 1500 calories each day so far and I have exercise every day except Monday. I ran on Tuesday and Wednesday and today I used the elliptical (and burned 520 calories!). I also did a little bit of work with weights on Tuesday, but not as much as I could/should have. Obviously, I need to work harder since I'm not losing any more weight yet. I need to get more exercise in for sure, and I will have to start doing that tomorrow.

I read an interesting article today about food commercials and weight gain. I know that personally, I can't stand most food commercials, because I think they are gross. They show greasy, fatty, calorie-heavy foods and portray them as something that people need or should want to eat. According to this article, these commercials contribute to making bad food decisions and to mindless snacking and munching. It suggests at least muting your TV during commercials, or even turning it off or fast forwarding through them. Those who watch less commercials weigh less and eat less. I didn't know it was possible to like food commercials less, but after reading this article, I never want to see one again. If you are conscious about what you put in your body, then you don't need such ads telling you what to eat. I know what I want, and I don't need someone telling me that I need or want this unhealthy food that will make me feel bad later and contribute to an unhealthy life. I will be avoiding such commercials in the future now that I've read this article. Here is the full article.

1 comment: