Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wacky Weekend

Well, this weekend has not been as productive towards my weight loss goals as it should have been. I didn't get much actual "workout" time in, BUT I did do a lot of work around the house and walking around to make up for it. The hubby and I did some work outside so I think I got some quality calorie burn with that. We were pretty much outside all weekend. I did really good on Saturday with eating right. I ate a decent breakfast (whole grain waffles) and then went to get a haircut (yay!) so I had no time for snacking like I usually do on the weekends. I had a really great lunch of roast beef sandwich from arbys-yum-(and low calorie if I take off one of the bun halves) and went to a cookout for dinner. I had some dessert at the cookout, but I figured that since I had been pretty good lately that it was okay to indulge a little! Actually, I have read many times that it is detrimental to your weight loss plan if you always deny yourself, so it is better to have just a little of something that you really crave than to deny and then go overboard. When I was doing the body for life diet, the author of the book, Dr. Pamela Peeke, said to always go by the 80/20 rule. That meant that if I am good for 80% of the time, I can forgive myself for getting off track for 20% of the time. I try to do better than 80%, and usually do, but I know that if I beat myself up for messing up that it will hurt more than help. So, sometimes I let myself be a little lax :-)

I tried P90X on Friday. O!M!G! I tried what seems to be a more easy workout (the cardio DVD-#11) and it was HARD! I felt so good after I finished it though! I love that feeling after a workout, the feeling that I have really worked hard and pushed myself. I felt like I had really pushed my body toward my ultimate goal of being fit and happy with my body. I will try the other DVD I have, Core Synergistics-#8, next week.

I found a good site today that I'm going to use to find a 5K near me. I really would like to do one soon, which will help me achieve my goal #8, which was to run a 5K by this summer. I think that my extra work on the elliptical is helping me with my endurance when I run. This is great because I am building my endurance and cutting my time without doing so much outside in the heat and without hurting my knees & shin splints any worse. I'm going to figure out which one I want to do and I will let everyone know! :-) You can find one here.

Hope everyone has a great week! Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment