Monday, August 27, 2012

Motivation Monday

I love Monday's.......(or not)!


But regardless of how I feel about Monday's in general, I do love one thing about Monday. It's a chance to start over and get motivated for a whole new week!

I frequently turn to Pinterest for fitness motivation and healthy ideas. I may or may not have gone Pinterest-crazy today trying to find as much motivation as I could for this week. (Hi my name is Erin and I'm a Pinterest-holic.....)

:-)

Feel free to pop over to my Erin's Fit Life board and follow me!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I was not feeling the whole working out thing today. In fact, I seriously considered skipping. I had all the standard arguments in my head....
  • I ate really mostly healthy today so I could stand to skip and just be lazy.....
  • I'll work out extra hard tomorrow.....
  • I am SO tired.....
  • It's only Monday so I'll have plenty of time to make up for it later in the week.....
.....and so on. After my Pinterest-perusing, I decided to get over it and just DO IT! So I went upstairs and got on the elliptical for 20 minutes (because by the time I got done arguing with myself, that's all the time I had....).


Since I wasted my time down to only 20 minutes, I pushed myself extra hard and burned 330 calories (or so)! I'm also going to do some yoga in a bit after little man goes to bed to loosen up and get some low key stretching.

Back to an earlier point (that I made while arguing with myself, :-) ), I did eat pretty well today.
Breakfast: Fiber One Nutty Clusters & Almonds - which is one of my favorite cereals right now.
Midmorning snack: Grapes and cheese.
Lunch: A Healthy Choice frozen meal and some Edamame - super yum!
Afternoon snack: 2 cookies (oops....).
Dinner: Pork that the hubby smoked yesterday for us, and Quinoa. It was my first time having Quinoa, so I was a little nervous. But it was really good! I'll be taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

I think that my week has gotten off to a good start and I'm glad I gave in and exercised :-)

How has your week started? How do you find motivation to get going on another healthy week?

No comments:

Post a Comment