Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Crazy Day

Today has been a crazy kind of day for me. For some reason, I kept thinking all day that it was Wednesday......but it's only Tuesday. :-/

The day was a great day on the health and fitness front though :-) And I successfully stayed off Pinterest, lol! Well, I didn't Pin anything....so that still counts! (I just needed a little motivation to kick my butt in gear when I got home)

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical:
(Side note: not totally sure why the picture always turns out super dark)

Then after cardio, I did 3 sets of my current strength training circuit. It's a whole body workout that I partially got from a pre-made routine and partially made up on my own. It's currently hand written, so I'll try to get it into some sort of table format to be able to post.

Tonight was bath night for the little man so I got him all cleaned up and ready for bed, then did a short yoga sequence. I use an app on my iPad that has music and vocal instructions that makes it really nice. The routine I used today was about 14 minutes long.

I think I did pretty good eating healthy today too.
Breakfast: Cinnamon Life cereal
Morning snack: grapes and cheese
Lunch: leftover smoked pork and quinoa, and edamame
Afternoon snack: black cherry Greek yogurt with 2 packets of Splenda and a handful of Cheerios. Oh, and um...2 Hershey Kisses. :-) A girl's gotta have a chocolate fix okay?! Don't judge me..... :-)
Dinner: Lasagna (leftover from dinner Saturday!)

My hip flexor is doing better, it doesn't hurt hardly at all now except when I'm doing something that puts a strain on it. For example, in my strength circuit I'm supposed to do side lunges but those hurt the muscle so I go easy on those....gotta make sure I heal and don't injure myself worse than I already have!

How are your workouts going this week? Any new or exciting exercises you've tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment