Sunday, May 1, 2011

Where do I find the time??

It is way crazy-super-difficult to find the time to get some exercise with a baby in the house. So far, the only times I have been able to exercise is when someone keeps the baby for me. I obviously can't leave him at the house by himself when I go run, and I don't have a jogging stroller yet so I can't take him with me easily. I have tried just using my elliptical at the house, but I can't lay him down long enough to be able to use it. The only time I can use it is in the afternoon, which is his fussy time. So exercising requires that I either take him to my mother-in-law's house or I get my mom to stay at my house with him when she is there. Either way, I am taking up someone else's time. But I have to do it, seeing as how I have my first 5K coming up soon!! I am really excited for it, and I hope that I can be ready for it because I really don't want to have to give up and walk part of it. It's just hard to find the time....

Case in point - I am writing this post at 4 am. Lol! It's the only time I have to myself when he is sleeping, not fussing, or not needing my attention. Of course, this probably significantly decreases the quality of my posts considering the sleep deprivation and lack of coherent thoughts at this time of day :-) Not that I would trade it for the world!

If you're a mom, or even just busy, how do you find the time to exercise?

1 comment:

  1. The best time for me to exercise is FIRST thing in the morning, before my little man wakes up. I could always do it when he naps but by that time, I tend to talk myself out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete