Friday, May 20, 2011

Feature Friday

Today is the first of a new series of posts I'll be doing! They are called Feature Friday and they are posts where I feature something I love. In them, I'll tell you about the "something", which could be any type of product or other thing, where/when I got it, how it works for me, and why it's a favorite of mine. Hopefully my features will also become your favorites!


For my first feature, I want to tell you about my favorite running shoes.



This is the Nike LunarGlide + shoe. LOVELOVELOVE! And yes, they are this color, maybe even a little bit brighter. ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE! I absolutely love the color of these shoes (if you couldn't already tell that). They also had other bright and great colors, but I just love the bright blue and lime green. These shoes are totally me! I got these shoes as a gift, so I can't tell you exactly where they came from, but I had been looking at them for quite a while.

I love them for several reasons. I have flat feet, so I fall in the "underpronator" category, and these shoes are perfect for helping with this issue. My arches always feel supported. Since I have been using them, my feet never feel sore from pressure. When I start having problems from my underpronation, my knees and hips hurt too from lack of sufficient support. These shoes have great support and reduce that pain as well.

I also tend to get shin splints when I run often, and these shoes greatly reduce the frequency and severity when I do get them. Shin splints are awful, and anything that helps with them is great. When they get really bad, I can hardly walk. And these shoes are an important part of my attempts to avoid shin splints.

The LunarGlide +'s alre also great quality shoes. I have had them for about a year and a half, and they still feel and work just as great as the day I got them. Also, they have great shoelaces. Weird shoelaces get on my nerves (yes, I have weird pet peeves, lol). These shoelaces are not too long, so they don't drag on the ground and trip me (I'm clumsy enough without any extra help :-P). They're also not too short to make them hard to tie. They are just the right length!

So, long story short - these shoes are AWESOME! I would definitely recommend them. I believe that they now sell LunarGlide + 2's that are even better than these. I looked on the Nike website, and the 2's are $100, which is a pretty good price for Nike running shoes! If I didn't love the ones I have so much, I would totally get a pair of the 2's.

Hope you've enjoyed my first Feature! Happy Friday!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Erin - I love finding new running bloggie friends! hi! Loving your blog so far, will look around a little more.

    I also love those nike shoes - I've been reluctant to wear nike running shoes because I was once told that they arent "good" running shoes. It appears that this is not the case anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shoes are so so so comfy, I used to have a pair...not as pretty as those colors, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like my blog :-) I love these shoes!!

    ReplyDelete