Friday, April 29, 2011

I have a goal!

I needed motivation to get my butt back in motion so....(insert drumroll here)....I signed up for my first 5K!! With 3 weeks to get ready!!! (Yes, you can tell me that I've gone crazy, but I already know.) I'll be running in the 2011 Twilight 5K on May 13th. This was my goal #8 that got thrown off track by my getting preggers, so now it's time to get it done! :-)

I ran for the first time again this past Sunday. I went for a total of 2 miles, about 1.3 of that was running and .7 was walking. I'm pretty happy with that, seeing as how it had been NINE MONTHS since the last time I ran! I was SO SORE afterwards though!! Lol! Then due to my schedule and the weather, I wasn't able to do another run until today, 4 days later. I did another 2 miles, but I think that I did closer to 1.5 miles running. That's progress! Hopefully this weekend I can get up to 2 miles running. We will see. I should have kept moving using my elliptical on the days I couldn't run, but it's a little difficult to find the time or energy! That's getting a little better each week though, as the baby starts to sleep a little better every week.

It really does feel great to get back out on the road. Running was one of the things I really missed doing. I love the feeling I have after running, and it clears my head when I'm stressed. I love the burn I feel while doing it. I love just turning up the music and thinking about nothing but my feet hitting the pavement. I also love to run with a partner! My sister-in-law is running this first race with me, and I love having her there to help me and to push me when I would quit if I was on my own. Running with someone gives us both the opportunity to push each other and to make each other better.

As I continue working towards this goal, I will keep updating how the "training" is going and then how my first race goes! Wish me luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment