Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Injury?

Okay, so I'm gonna have to make a small confession here...it has been over a week since my last run. .....ummmmmm, oops?.....

I finally got back out on the road Tuesday (yesterday), and my last run was the Sunday a week ago. And let's just say it was not pretty.

Immediately upon starting, both my knees and hips were hurting. I have no idea why! My hips have hurt on previous post-pregnancy runs, but not until after a run. And my knees have not hurt at all until now. I dunno what's going on! I figured that maybe I was just tight and everything would loosen up if I just kept going. I. was. wrong. (mostly). My hips did get a little less painful - until I slowed down to a walk. Then they hurt worse. My knees, however, had no such luck. They hurt continuously throughout the run and subsequent walking.

I did at least get about 1.5 miles of running in, and about .15 of walking.

This is just really not good considering my first 5K is in oh, let's see....THREE DAYS!  AH!! Yikesyikesyikesyikesyikes!

What a perfect time to get a freaking injury! And I have no idea how to deal with it. It's not good to just push through it, but I can't really do too much resting either, seeing as how the big event is in only 3 days. And I can't take a bunch of pain meds because of the whole (***Possible TMI Alert***) breastfeeding thing. I also don't want to make it worse, either, by pushing through the pain.

How do you deal with a sports- or exercise-related injury?

No comments:

Post a Comment