Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hydration

It's almost Friday! Which means it's almost my birthday weekend!! Yay :-D I am pretty excited about it, can you tell? Haha...

I have not been very healthy this week. I was attempting to lose the 2 pounds I gained back plus a few by my birthday, but that didn't work out so well. I have been stressed this week, which makes me careless about what I eat and about exercising. I have had really good intentions, and I do okay during the day while I'm at work. Then when I get home, I just forget all about my goals. Ugh! I have got to get back on the ball, and I am starting today. I have eaten healthy so far today, but it is easy to do at work because I pack my food at home and can only eat what I bring with me. When I'm at home I just go crazy and eat too much of everything, even healthy stuff, and I don't get off my butt and exercise. But, like I said, I am determined to change that today and be really healthy.

This week, I am greatly increasing my water intake. Each day so far, I have drank at least 4 bottles of water. Hydration is especially important during the hot weather like we've been having. For me, it's kind of hard to get started drinking more water than usual, it feels like I'm drowning myself at first. But once I get a day or two of drinking lots of water, I start being really thirsty if I don't drink lots of water so it makes it really easy to continue. Drinking lots of water is really healthy too, it helps to flush toxins out of your body, and also helps shed pounds. It boosts your metabolism and helps you burn more calories throughout the day. Drinking cold water makes your body burn even more calories because then it has to bring the water up to room temperature to process it. Water can keep you from eating too much as well, because if I have a lot of water in my stomach, I don't want to fill it up with food. I'm also less prone to have caffeine if I'm guzzling water, and I know that I don't need to drink most things that have caffeine in them. There are so many ways that water is healthy, it does wonders for the body!

I hope everyone has a great Thursday! Stay fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment