Thursday, July 22, 2010

Adjusting

Happy Thursday!! I am having an interesting time adjusting to being preggo....At first I was just so happy (which I still am) but now I'm trying to get over being sick. I have a bad case of the pregnancy sniffles, which is also making my throat hurt. I'm taking Tylenol, the only medicine I can take. Also, this week has started the yucky feelings in my stomach. I have been having trouble eating, because just the thought of food makes me feel yuck. I haven't gotten sick or anything, but it has been close sometimes.....especially this morning. Blah! I have been attempting to exercise some days, but when I can't eat much, I don't have the energy to exercise. The doctor did clear me to run, so I tried to do so on Tuesday with my sister-in-law. I did about a mile of running I think, and the other mile was just walking. I definitely thought I was gonna be sick after that. I will not be doing that again until I can get some food in me. I have walked several times for a good amount of time. The doctor said that the first trimester is just a survival period, so I'm just gonna try and do what I can, when I can.

I had my first ultrasound this week! I found out that I am 6 weeks, 2 days today. My official due date is March 15, 2011. I got pictures from the ultrasound that I will try to post later, the baby is about .26 cm long. Baby just looks about the size of a grain of rice according the the ultrasound tech. According to my preggo book, Baby's about the size of a sweet pea. I will go back next week to hear the heartbeat! :-D I hope to get back to feeling better soon so that I can do better about being healthy!

Stay fit!

4 comments:

  1. That sucks about being sick. Luckily I never had that feeling, I just had massive swelling toward the middle all the way thru the end of my pregnancy. Hope you get to feeling better soon! I can't wait to see baby bump pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah I can't wait to take pictures....I have had some "swelling" already but it's more bloating that anything really. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, just wait. I had swollen ankles, hands...the whole 9 yards. And since I had a C-section they had to pump me full of like 3 bags of fluid...ugh it took 2 weeks afterwards for me to just loose the water weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes!! I'm sure I'll get there too then....

    ReplyDelete