Monday, May 10, 2010

Time for Truth

Happy Monday!

I have something I want to share today. I started this blog to be completely honest and open about my journey to a healthier me. In my last post, I said that I didn't want to tell my weight because I was upset about it. That is contrary to the point of my blog, so I will have to tell, no matter how upset I am about it. I will tell you first about my weight loss from last year. In April of 2009, I decided to lose 15 pounds. I had hit a high of 140 earlier in 2009 and had gotten down to about 135 last April. My goal weight was 120. Long story short, I worked really hard and finally hit a low of 118 about last September/October. Over the holiday and winter months, I slacked off and didn't watch myself and realized I was slowly but surely gaining it back. That was my motivation to start this blog. So, since I have been consciously working on being healthy, I have started weighing myself again. Last week when I was so upset about my weight, I clocked in at 129. I am very disappointed in myself for letting myself gain back 11 of the 17 pounds that I lost. Being under the weather and out of town like I have been lately hasn't helped, but I have also been just plain lazy. I think also that at a certain point, I got to where I felt like I had already gained back some weight so what would another pound hurt. I would go ahead and eat those unhealthy things or skip exercising for a week at a time, and I would think, oh I'll get back into it next week. But I never did. So like I said in my last post, that is all changed now. I want to get back to my "happy weight" and be able to feel good about my body and want to keep it that way. I have a renewed committment to eating healthy and exercising and I am really looking forward to gettting back into being a healthier me. So, that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I commit to joining you on your weight loss journey. This morning I was a whopping 147.5 - 7.5lbs more than when I started my weight loss journey around two or so years ago. I had gotten down to 127ish at that point. That was the smallest I have ever been in my adult life. That is a 20 lb weight gain, and I intend on getting it back off and finally reach my goal of 125-120. We can do this, but not with eating unhealthy snacks and alcohol on a DAILY basis, with no exercise. We know what we need to do to get the job done, SO LETS DO IT!!! No excuses,...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea,...I am not disappointed in you for getting off track. I am proud of you for getting back on it,...and inspiring me to join you!

    ReplyDelete