Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally Friday!

I have not posted in way too long! There are various reasons for this, the main one being that I was in Boston for 6 days. My attempts at being healthy while there = FAIL! I took my workout clothes/shoes, but the hotel charged to use the cardio machines (which I was not about to pay for) and I didn't want to run outside when I wasn't familiar with the area. Also, the food we were fed was terrible. Half the time it was just hors d'ouevres or something that I had no idea what it was. So needless to say, I didn't eat very healthy from scavenging whatever else I could find. Other reasons for my being lax the last few weeks would be a combination of laziness and no time. I am paying for it now though, I have really put on the pounds in the last couple of months. I don't even want to post the number, I am so unhappy about it.
This week, however, I am getting back on the wagon. On Wednesday I went for a run with a friend. I find it so much easier to exercise with someone else. I particularly like doing so with this friend because we always challenge each other and we push each other to work harder than we would individually. I have even got her hooked on running! :-)
I have been eating much better this week as well. I have been eating a high fiber and high protein cereal with almond milk for breakfast. For snacks I have been eating carrots, string cheese, cantaloupe, honeydew melon,and rice cakes. I've had salad, grilled chicken, and shrimp for lunches. I also made whole wheat spaghetti one night, and tacos with lean meat another night.
Ok, I have to go get ready now to go out to eat for our anniversary, yay! I will try to eat something healthy, and I will update on how I do!
TGIF!! Have a great night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment