Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fitness in the New Year

Happy (late) New Year, friends!

This time of year is the most popular time to make new fitness goals and start living a fit life. I, like many others, have done the same. I am trying to start slow so that I don't get burned out by February, so I haven't made lots of lofty goals. I set goals for myself that I feel I can live with and actually accomplish. I will share them with you, and then see how I'm doing on them. My driving purpose behind the goals is to lose this baby weight once and for all, and to finally live a truly healthy and fit life.

2012 FitLife Goals:

-Lose 30 lbs. This will be accomplished by meeting the below goals.

-Eat right. I am replacing breakfast, which has always been a hard meal for me, with a protein shake. I am eating healthy for lunch, and eating out less. I am snacking less. I am attempting to make a healthy dinner, and if that fails, then I just eat less of whatever I make.

-Begin working out again, with serious intentions this time. I will begin with working out 1 day per week, and add another day each week. That means that week 1, I work out 1 day. Week 2, I work out 2 days. I will build up to 5 days per week.

-Once exercise is a real part of my life, add weight lifting. This will increase the effectiveness of my workouts and I will build muscle and burn more calories to maintain the weight loss I achieve.

-Journaling. I got a great planner from my job for the new year, so I plan on using it to keep track of my calorie intake and exercise each day.

I will post more detail on each goal in the coming days. This is just a brief overview, so stay tuned for more :-)

So how am I doing on these goals? So far, so good.

I exercised 1 day in week 1. I have exercised 2 days in week 2. Next up is week 3!

I have been attempting to eat healthy. I have drank a protein shake every morning for breakfast. The first week was a little challenging, but I have gotten used to it and actually enjoy them now. I have eaten out for lunch less, and when I did I made sure to get something decently healthy. I have made really good stuff for dinner, and a lot of days took the leftovers for lunch the next day, which also saves money! :-)

I have lost........2 pounds! Hey, it's not a lot, but it's a start! I'm pretty proud, if I do say so myself. :-D

What are your 2012 FitLife goals? Have you made any progress on them yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment