Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 FitGoals - Weeks 1 & 2 Recap

We are wrapping up the second week of 2012, and the second week of my 2012 FitGoals. As promised in my last post, I wanted to give a brief recap of what I have done so far.


(source)

Eating:
Breakfast - I have replaced all breakfasts with a protein shake. So far, I have tried SlimFast and Special K shakes. I'll be doing a comparison of these later this week. I think that one morning last weekend I did break down and have some cereal, but overall I didn't do bad at all, and I was less hungry than I expected.

Lunch - Most lunches so far have either been Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice or leftovers. If whatever my chosen lunch may be is on the lower calorie side, I will add on one of those Lean Cuisine snack things. (My fave so far is the Broccoli-n-Cheese dip with pita bread. SO GOOD!)

Dinner - I have cooked the majority of nights so far, which by the way I am super proud of myself for doing :-P (I have never claimed to be a good cook....or even a cook at all...). I have tried to have a healthy protein with a (fairly) healthy carb, and added on a veggie.

Snacks - Snacks have consists of protein bars, cheese with sliced turkey, Greek yogurt, or a Lean Cuisine snack I talked about above just by itself.

Exercising:

My goal was to exercise 1 time in week 1, and 2 times in week 2. I did accomplish that.

On 1/2/12 I did my first run of the year. I ran 2.1 miles in 25:26 which equates to a 12:10 minute mile. I of course did some walking as well, but I definitely ran for at least 3/4 of it.

On 1/12/12 I did an elliptical workout. I used it for 30 minutes, burning 425 calories, 74.3 carbs and a distance of 1812.

On 1/15/12 I actually ended up doing 2 (!!) workouts! I went for a run earlier in the day, and then after realizing how badly I had eaten, I did an elliptical workout too. My run was 2.3 miles in 27:37 which is a 12:06 minute mile (improvement!). According to my favorite calorie burn calculator, I burned 250 calories doing this. :-) My elliptical workout was for 30 minutes, I burned 357 calories, 62.3 carbs with a distance of 1710. That's a total of 607 calories burned!! Yay!

Today was not a typical day, so I don't expect to burn that many calories on a normal day, and I definitely don't expect to get 2 workouts in on a normal day. However, it just so happened that I was able to do it today, so I took advantage of the opportunity.
That's how my first 2 weeks of FitGoals have gone. How have yours been? Have you achieved any big goals yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment