Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Shoes!

Hi friends!
I have been a little bit of a slacker this past week in the exercise area. I was at the beach the last week in October, and I did SO GOOD exercising on vacay. However, while I was there I figured out that my shoes were REALLY.WORN.OUT. So, I had to take a break until I could get some new running shoes. I got shin splints and my ankle hurt, so I had to recover from that as well. I feel better now, and my new shoes are awesome, so I'm pretty pumped to get back at it.

I went to Charlotte Running Company over in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte. I had heard great things about them, and I knew that they offered gait analysis to find the best possible shoe for me. It was a little hard to find (for me anyway, lol), but I called and they so graciously advised me of where to find them, and even offered to come out in the parking lot to help...haha! (I'm only a little bad with directions...) Once I finally made it into the store I was good.

I had been using Nike Lunar Glides that I was really happy with, but I had also been told about some more serious running shoes made by Mizuno and Brooks. I did the gait analysis and found that I had a pretty big overpronation on the left side, and a little bit on the right. So I needed some stabilizing shoes. I ended up with a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire in a size 7 that felt GREATGREATGREAT on my feet. It felt like it completely contoured to my foot and was super lightweight. And they're pretty :-P Which everybody knows is REALLY important.....Lol!

I haven't done a good run in them yet, so I'll have to let you know later how that goes.

What kind of shoes do you run in?

**Just thought I'd clarify that I was not asked or paid for this post**

No comments:

Post a Comment