Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Goals

My first post!! Yay! Ok, now that I'm over that excitement, I want to use this first post to set up my goals. Goals are the first step in getting to where you want to be in life. Personally, I have no motivation without having a goal to work toward. If I don't have something to work for, I just won't do it at all. There are many steps in achieving goals, so none of these goals are going to be attained immediately. The feeling of reaching a goal is a very satisfying feeling, and it helps keep me motivated to reach the next goal. That is why some of the goals are short-term and easier to reach than others that are more long-term and take longer to finish. So, without further ado, I present my goals:
1. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day consisting of carb and protein combinations.
2. Include more fruits and veggies daily.
3. Drink more water daily, try to get to 8 glasses a day.
4. Cut out sugary drinks and sodas.
5. Go to the farmer's market to get fruits and veggies, to get fresher food and to support local business.
6. Make more dinners at home, and therefore eat out less often.
7. Exercise at least 5 days a week, even if it's only a short walk with the dogs, but preferably more intense exercise.
8. Run a 5k by this summer (2010).
9. Run a half-marathon (long-term).
10. Run a marathon (very long-term).
11. Lose 10 lbs to attain my happy weight.
12. Get a flat belly and toned arms.
13. Have a healthy and fit pregnancy (whenever that time comes).

Ok, so those are my goals. Some of them are more long-term than others, and #13 is unknown as to when it will happen :).

That's it for now, have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment