Monday, April 19, 2010

Hello, Monday!

Good morning on this lovely Monday! I'm not really sure why I'm so chipper this morning, but I am :-)
I have achieved a goal today!! I have officially cut out sodas, starting today! We will see if I continue this, but I am not feeling too bad yet, so I think I will be able to keep it up. I can tell I haven't had my caffeine, but it's not all that bad. So I can check off Goal # 4!!
On another note, I found a great article that I wanted to share. It is on the Real Age site, and it is about motivating yourself to achieve your healthy goals. Here it is: CLICK HERE . Hope it is helpful for others, I know it is for me! I am making a list of reasons for #1 (Create a compelling reason to change). I think that #2 (Don't associate pain with the desired action) is a good point, because if I go into a workout thinking "Oh, I'm gonna be sooooo sore" then I will be less likely to put my best effort into it. If I think "This is gonna make me feel so great afterwards" then I will have a much better workout. I like #3 (Disrupt the routine). The way she explains it is quite funny. It's true though, if I am thinking of drinking a soda and I think of something completely random to replace that thought, not only do I lose the desire for soda, but I have a little laugh as well to cheer up my day! Love it! #4 (Change the story) is interesting and I have never thought of it that way. But it is a great way to break control of a negative thought over your brain. I will have to think of what my negative thought process is that keeps me from being my best, and break it's hold over my thoughts. And for #5 (Don't wait until you feel like changing), well that is SO true. If I waited until I felt like changing, I would never do it. It's so hard to change your routine, who wants to do that? I know I get comfortable in whatever rut I am in and find it really hard to get out of it. If I waited until I WANTED to change, I would never do it, or I would be so far away from reaching my goals that I would just give up on trying to change.
Well, those are my thoughts for today, hope you have a great Monday!

Again check out these great new tips!

2 comments:

  1. Good job on no soda! Making good progress on achieving your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post and the motivation! Great job on giving up soda. YOU CAN DO IT>>>>>WOOOOOOOOHOOOOO>
    Oh yea,...I have not written on my blog in a long time,...but you can check it out if you want.
    www.TitheItForward.com

    ReplyDelete