Sunday, July 3, 2011

Great Resources

I get the information that I blog about from many different sources, however there are several great resouces that I find myself coming back to over and over. They contain useful, accessible information that is reliable and easy to understand. Some are websites, and some are my bloggy friends. Here's a list of some of my favorite fitness and health related resources:

- WebMD: This is my go-to when I have anything I need to look up about my health, my body, or medications. I used this website religiously when I was pregnant because my doctor banned me from googling things, lol :-P. Seriously though, this is invaluable when I need credible information regarding topics I might ask a doctor about. It can be a bit "science"-ish, but not too difficult to read, and I know I can find just about anything I want to know about.

-Hungry Girl: Lisa Lillien is the Hungry Girl. I look to her to find awesome recipe substitutes, food tips, and healthy eating topics galore. I get her daily emails, which are super fun. She is peppy and exciting, and she makes eating healthy so simple!

-Real Age: Dr.'s Roizen and Oz are the creators of this website. It offers a HUGE selection of fairly short articles on almost anything you can think of health and fitness related. They throw out lots of big science words, but they break them down and explain what they mean in terms that acutally mean something to the common person like me. They lay things out in a way that I can take what they say and be able to apply it to my lifestyle. They offer lots of great tips about fitness, especially for the novice exerciser.

-Active: I found this site originally when I was looking for a 5K to sign up for. They have TONS of local and nationwide races to find and sign up for, not to mention a ton of articles on everything fitness. I am a fan on Facebook, and I also have their app on my iPhone, so that I can read articles on the go! I find their articles on running very useful, and they are one of the first places I go to look up something regarding running topics.

-FitSugar: This website offers all kinds of short fitness articles, with some healthy eating and Hollywoood thrown in too. Lots of fun stuff and great information.

Now for my favorite bloggy friends!

-She's A Fit Chick: I love this blog! She has tons of great infomation on staying fit, exercising and eating healthy. She's awesome! :-) Also, I wrote a guest post for her a few weeks ago! Go check her out!

-Runner-n-Spice: This blogger writes about running, healthy eats, and life. I love reading her posts, and I think you will too!

- Getting the Skinny on Getting Skinny: This is my newest fitness blog friend. She is also in the Navy! She writes about fitness and exercise, and her journey to put her tips to use in her real life. Definitely give her a read!


Well, that is a short list of some of my favorite reads and resources for my blog. What resources do you find most useful?

2 comments: